Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 60-and Beyond

The finish line! I DID IT! Sixty days of a raw juice fast...YES! I have lost forty-six pounds, I feel GREAT and now I am living the raw vegan lifestyle!
My very first meal (truly a break-fast) was watermelon.-just a tiny bit, I got full really fast.
For lunch I had Romaine lettuce boats filled with cucumber slices, avocado slices, and my own homemade mango salsa. YUM!
Then for dinner, my Sweetie took me to Quintessence to celebrate. Quintessence is a raw vegan restaurant in the East Village here in NYC. WOW!! Deliciousness!!! To start, we ordered chips and dips (raw flax crackers and raw corn chips-wonderful- served with a yummy guacamole and an amazing tomato salsa that had the perfect amount of kick to it.)  Then we shared a seaweed salad-so good! I ordered the zucchini noodles with an olive mushroom sauce and my Honey ordered  the Indian platter. Both were scrumptious. We shared everything and finished off splitting a piece of raw pecan pie that blew our socks off! 
However, I may have overdone it a bit. I am feeling a bit under the weather from all that rich deliciousness today. Nevertheless, I am very glad for the experience! Today will be all light fare--and yes, all raw vegan!

No comments:

Post a Comment