Friday, June 1, 2012

Day 50


It's day FIFTY and I'm still in this thing for the long haul. As of this morning, I have lost 39.5 pounds. I still have plenty of energy to get through my day-which includes at least 30 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of weight training.
Traveling to NH over the holiday weekend was a bit challenging, but I made it through with flying colors. Packing and unpacking my Breville juicer and shopping for vegetables...well, lets just say that I did a little bit of water fasting rather than juice fasting over the weekend -just for convenience sake.
I will eat a mostly raw vegan diet after the fast and I have already begun to build my raw kitchen with a few small purchases of a spiraler and a mandolin. My next big purchase will be a Vitamix and then a little later I will purchase a dehydrator. I've also started to purchase a few small raw goodies at the market whenever I go to get my juicing veggies-just so it's not a whopping bill when I start eating again.
I've purchased some chia seeds, namo shoya, and some nutritional yeast (I know this is not a raw food.)
My next small purchases will be some Raw coconut oil and some raw cacao. Then a bag or so of different kinds of raw nuts whenever I'm shopping.
So what will I eat for my first few meals after 60 days of juice only?
Here are some options:
Day one: a green smoothie in the morning, guacamole with crudites for lunch and maybe a banana at night.
Day Two: juice in the morning, kale salad for lunch, and an avocado at night.
Day three: watermelon in the morning, zucchini pasta with cashew Alfredo sauce for lunch, a green smoothie at night.
Anyway, it all sounds delicious to me and I am really starting to think about eating again as the days wind down...

No comments:

Post a Comment