Friday, April 13, 2012

PREPARATION

I can't believe after my weight loss following the Weight Watchers plan, I am back to square one. Well, almost-I have not gained all of the weight back. But I have gained a great deal of it back. I blame the stress of newness. The stress of a new relationship, a new city, a new home, a new job-basically an entirely new life. And although I love my new life, I have to say, it's been a little difficult at times-to say the very least.

New good habits were the first to go and all those old bad habits crept right back into place...ARGH!!!

So...

  After viewing the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, I've decided to see what I can do with this juice fasting thing to lose weight, gain back some of my lost vitality, and get rid of many of the nagging side effects of carrying around too much weight.

Besides being overweight I am pretty healthy. My last physical was 6 months ago and everything was normal and healthy other than my weight.

 I go to the gym and do at least 30 minutes of cardio and weight training 3 to 5 days a week and I plan on continuing this through out the juice fast.

I drink way too much coffee, so in  preparation for the juice fast I decided to quit coffee 1 week prior to the fast. My reasoning;  I would rather deal with the negative side effects of caffeine withdrawals first rather than dealing with everything all at once. And side effects there were. I felt really crummy for 3 days with a throbbing headache and severe fatigue. But I got through it and now-one week later I'm feeling wonderfully light and caffeine free.I 'm sleeping better at night and feel less tense during the day. ALL GOOD!

A good quality juicer is very important. So I have purchased a Breville Dual Disc. I've juiced with it a few times now and it's great- extremely efficient and very easy to clean.

To start getting myself used to juicing and fasting, I started juicing one meal per day for a few days, then went to two meals per day until today......DAY ONE...

No comments:

Post a Comment